2004 Vue V6 Remote Question

Is there a way to disable the damn panic alarm on the remote? Several times I've either hit the panic button inadvertently while attempting to lock the doors or I set it off while placing the keys in my pocket. I really do not need or want this feature. Thanks in advance for your help.

Reply to
Joe

Use a mallet.

Reply to
Perfect Reign

Go to your dealer, the service or parts guy might be able to reprogram your remote, but I dont know if they can disable that. (Perhaps you can try a piece of electrical tape over the button?)

marx404

Reply to
marx404

The remotes are easy to take apart. Just pry them apart at the notch near the top. One you have the case in two parts, take out the guts. You can peel off the rubber part with the buttons. Once you have that off, identify the exposed wiring traces under the panic button and cover these traces with electrical tape. The samll black pad under the panic button contacts these traces when you push the button and shorts them together. By covering the traces with tape, you are preventing the contact. Reassemble the remote and test.

Regards,

Ed White

Reply to
C. E. White

A wood chipper would work too :-) I like that feature though, it's fun for scaring people, especially kids that play hockey too close to the car.

Reply to
Rev Turd Fredericks