2005 Saturn Ion 3 Clutch Problems

Greetings.

I have a 2005 Saturn Ion with bulletin problem PIP3613. Saturn told me it is a problem that has no fix. Had the car at the dealer for over two weeks with no resolution.

The problem is related to a whirring sound when releasing the clutch. It started occasionally but it occurs all too frequently.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks.

Reply to
Sjambok

Get them to try a aftermarket clutch disc as I have little doubt that the problem is related to the clutch facing they are using.

SnoMan

I will have to try that; although, the dealer read me what GM told them

- or so they said. I doubt it is the throw-out bearing since the sound occurs when the clutch is released as opposed to depressed.

Thanks for the advice.

Reply to
Sjambok

It is not the throwout bearing.