2007/08 2.2L Ecotec Specs

Check out the specs for the '07 ION. Too bad that this was the last year for the ION. Seems that the specs for the 2.4L GenII black, Cylinder head, ECM, and exhaust manifold are shared to the 2.2L.

"For the customer, the result is more efficient cooling, more strength to accommodate additional power, as in the new Ecotec 2.0L direct-injection Turbo (RPO LNF) and better noise, vibration and harshness control."

Hmm, I like the part about "more strength to accommodate additional power".

marx404

The 2.4 bumps up compression and requires a higher octane... Fuel economy drops some as well. I think they want to put some distance between the upcoming 1.8L.

The family II Ecotec has been around for about 7-8 years now and I can't recall any problems that motor has ever had. Other than routine maintenance, BORING!, its probably been the most reliable 4 banger I've ever seen.

Reply to
BläBlä

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 10:41:17 -0400, BläBlä wrote: Snip

You mean there is a 1.8L coming out..........any idea when? Is that just for Saturn or all of GM?

In that case, BORING is good. MR

Reply to
MR

BORING is good :-) Sorry, they keep making them like these and you "may" become the next Maytag Man, BlaBla, lol. I was excited to read these specs on the 2.2L and thought I made a better choice over the 2.4L. I was happy with my 1.9L in my '02 SC2, even MUCH more happier with a manual tranny and the '07 engine. Less RPMs to get to more power. I just wish that the shifter was much smoother, but I'll get used to it somehow.

Reply to
marx404