2007 rearview mirror

Someone posted a response to a previous message I left.

Is there a way to change the rearview mirror from automatically starting with the autodim on? I don't like it. If there are brights behind me, I want to be able to turn the auto dim on. It takes 10 seconds to turn the feature off. Once the car is off and then on, the autodim is on again. My dealer said they didn't know of any way to change this feature.

Thanks

Reply to
Coasten1

I recently asked my tech about this on a 2008 VUE, he said that the only way is to "disable' the functionality, which I'm sure you don't want. The only way he knew was to manually turn the thing off, which is a 10 sec delay, sorry.

Reply to
marx404

Did he mention how to disable the feature? I never used the old manual "dim" feature and never intend on using it on my '07 Vue.

Thanks, Steve

Reply to
Steve

to temporarily disable the auto dim feature, you simply press the power button on the mirror. But it is automatic and every time you turn the car back on it will activate automatically. The shop can set the mirror via a computer setting to completely disable the mirror, or so they told me.

Reply to
marx404

My dealer told me otherwise. They do not know of a computer setting to diable the mirror and to let them know if I hear specifically otherwise. hmmm

Reply to
Coasten1