2007 Saturn Aura

Anyone have any clue what type of headlight bulbs they use and how to change one. The thing is so tight in there it looks damn near impossible.

Brad

Reply to
B Rabbie

Here are pages straight out of the 07 Aura Owner's Manual:

Bulb Replacement For the type of bulb to use, see Replacement Bulbs on page 344. For any bulb changing procedure not listed in this section, contact your retailer. Halogen Bulbs {CAUTION: Halogen bulbs have pressurized gas inside and can burst if you drop or scratch the bulb. You or others could be injured. Be sure to read and follow the instructions on the bulb package. Taillamps, Turn Signal, Sidemarker, Stoplamps and Back-up Lamps A. Turn Signal Lamp B. Stoplamp/Taillamp C. Backup Lamp D. Sidemarker Lamp If a stoplamp or a taillamp needs to be replaced, you will need to see your Saturn retailer.

342 To replace a sidemarker lamp, turn signal lamp, or a back-up lamp, do the following:
  1. Open the trunk. See Trunk on page 102 for more information.
  2. Remove the convenience net, if the vehicle has one.
  3. Remove the wing nuts holding the trunk trim.
  4. Remove the three wing nuts, which hold the taillamp assembly, from inside the vehicle.
  5. Remove the taillamp assembly.
  6. Remove the wiring harness from the taillamp assembly by lifting the release tab.
  7. Turn the bulb socket counterclockwise to remove it.
  8. Pull the bulb from the socket.
  9. Install a new bulb.
  10. Reverse Steps 2 through 6 to reinstall the taillamp assembly.
343 License Plate Lamp To replace the license plate lamp bulb, do the following:
  1. Remove the two screws holding the license plate lamp assembly to the fascia.
  2. Turn and pull the license plate lamp forward through the fascia opening.
  3. Turn the bulb socket counterclockwise and pull the bulb straight out of the socket.
  4. Install the new bulb.
  5. Reverse Steps 1 through 3 to re> Anyone have any clue what type of headlight bulbs they use and how to
Reply to
Joshua Aaron

Thanks I read the manual, but it never said what type of bulb (9006 and H11). Apparently you have to take the bumper off to replace em though.

Brad

Joshua Aar> Here are pages straight out of the 07 Aura Owner's Manual:

Reply to
B Rabbie

I think that's probably an urban legend, but according to a guy I knew who owned one, the factory-recommended procedure for changing spark plugs on a Chevy Monza with V-8 engine involved undoing the motor mounts and jacking the engine upward a couple inches. He decided "screw that" and drilled holes in the wheel wells so he could reach them with an extension bar from the outside.

Reply to
Doug Miller

I think you might be referring to the Mach I with the 351 Cleveland that required the engine to be lifted to change the spark plugs. Approx. 1970.

Some did cut holes in the inner fenders to gain access.

Reply to
NapalmHeart

Most people just left that spark plug in and changed 7, then jacked up the engine to get access on alternating change cycles. By the way, my girl friend at the time owned a 1979 and it had the infamous 268 cubic inch small block V-8! Really fast, but a PITA to tune up because of lack of access in the engine compartment! Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman