2044 L300 Squeaky Brakes

I have a 2004 L300 that is just turning 2000 miles.

I have noticed starting around 700 miles a light squeak from the brakes on the right side when stopping. I can't quite tell if it from the back or front. It only happens in the last few revolutions of the wheel as you come to a complete stop, once the brakes are warmed up. Its not particularly loud, I am just annoyed by squeaky brakes.

Is this a common issue? I am thinking that there is a small glazed area on the rotor, since you get a series of 4 or 5 quick squeaks as you come to a complete stop. Is it likely to go away as the brakes wear in further? I don't want my dealer to think I am a nut case. I had thought about letting it go until I take it in for it's first oil change in another 1000 miles, but thought I would see if anyone here has had a similar experience.

Thanks in advance for any ideas ... Larry

Reply to
Larry Fowkes

I have not had that problem on my 2004 L300 but if it is a constant thing I would have the dealer look at it. If it does it all the time and they can hear it, that means there is something wrong. Maybe there is a piece of metal rubbing or maybe one of the brakes is defective. So just for peace of mind I would have it looked at, and taken care of. You could wait until 3000 miles but what happens if they go out at 2500 miles? Your brakes are too important to let go!! IHTH

Reply to
WGRG3