'91 Saturn 1.9l DOHC and oil problems

My freind has a 1.9l dohc that has 1. been reported to have oil leak in pan (pinhole). 2. been reported to need ring job/or seals job/or valve job. I need info on why she loses alot of oil out tail pipe(soot)heavy n wet? n out from under engine compartment?(have'nt been under it yet). Please answer to email at jamesadams_007 at hotmail dot com

i posted this at 2313cdt from mo.

Reply to
James Adams via CarKB.com

open the PCV valve and clean out the pipe. replace the valve. then take out the EGR valve, you will find the hole where it mounts clogged with carbon. that clog is pressurizing the crankcase and causing oil to go through the engine. Just get it to breath properly, and the thing will run better, and even get better milage. It takes a good mechanic to find these little things, but they are easy to replace or repair.

Reply to
helix