92 SL2 ac question

While replacing the radiator fan I broke the high pressure, Discharge coolant line. The AC turned on a few times yesterday but today won't kick on at all. Is there a switch that would prevent the AC from coming on with no fluid? I use the AC to force the cooling fan to come on. Turning the AC on/off for only a second keeps the fan running. For some reason the fan doesn't come on until the temp is 3/4 way up the gauge - even with new temp sensor.

Is it easy to replace the hose and refill the system? It's been converted to 134 btw.

Reply to
Grumpy

Yes there is a pressure switch. You should have your ac system sealed off from the atmosphere. You could disconnect your compressor and fake the signal from the pressure switch I think to get your fan to run. I'd prefer people got their ac systems serviced from a good shop myself or done lots of research. Some ac oils say their compatible with both r12 &

134 and I think they end up ruining things in a couple of years time.
Reply to
Blah blah