'93 Saturn SL1 dashboard light replacement?

Can anyone tell me how to replace a burned out speedometer light in the dash? How do you get behind there? The under-dash has a panel, so that I can't just reach up there? This should not be that difficult! A friend thought that maybe the front dash panel has to come off with a plastic snap on tab fitting. I am afraid to attempt prying that off, or the plastic grabber tabs will break. There simply MUST BE A SECRET WAY! :-)) RON

Reply to
Ron Gerut

Remove the top panel above the dash. Each front corner has a cover to remove. There is a small screw under the cover. Some of the bulbs can be replaced like that, others require that the gauge pod be removed. You should be able to figure it out once that top cover is removed. I replaced some bulbs in mine a few years ago but don't recall the exact details.

James

Reply to
James1549