93 saturn trans-axle codes: 11 then 45

Hi,

I need some help interpreting trouble codes/symptoms.

I have a '93 saturn SL1 with 160k miles (beater). When putting it in reverse, there was a slam. Next the service engine light came on and acceleration seemed sluggish with intermittent jerks (felt like when the EGR valve got stuck open). Did the trusty old paper clip jump and it's reading code 11, and after that the coolant temp light reads code

  1. I don't know what "shift to D2" light is but there was nothing like that flashing.

A few weeks ago the service engine light came on too, but it otherwise felt normal and I'm used to ignoring these things by now (I get a canister purge solenoid code every time it's taken over 55 mph), so I had ignored it. It had otherwise been its normal rattling self since then until now.

Any tips on what this is exactly? I'm seeing conflicting junk online (alternator? valve body? some sensor?) so figured I'd collect some more conflicting info. Thanks!

Reply to
rekuci

Martin