94 SC2 power window motor

My passenger side window has stopped working (in the down position) Before I take the leap and start removing the outer and inner panels. Has anyone found the console switch to be defective? I didn't have any previous problems of the window intermittinly stopping or any of the thunking sounds.

When I push the switch down I hear a click in the door which tells me that juice is getting there. When I pull up on the switch I hear nothing.

I've read tons of stuff here about the various problems with these power windows. Sounds like a crazy problem. Some people's gears stripped, some people banged on it and it worked, loose bolts, missing plastic pieces, multiple motors burning out. Sounds like it will be lots of fun trying to figure this one out.

Reply to
raymondj

Had the same problem with my 94SL 2. I can save you a lot of time. You can't do anything from the inside of the door. Everthing is access from the outside via taking the door skin off. It was quite easy once you get the correct torx bit for the large headed bolts.

Reply to
David C. Allen