94 SW2 sputtering problem

Hi all,

I just bought a 94 Saturn SW2 and it runs great except that I noticed that it sputters (like it is getting differing amounts of gas) when I have light pressure on the accelerator. When I am coasting it is fine, and when I give it moderate to heavy accelerator pressure, it runs smooth and fine, but when I am trying to maintain speed, it is sputtery. I have no maintainance history for the car, so I am changing the oil, fuel filter, air filter and PCV valve. Has anyone had this problem or knows specifically what it is? It is a 5-speed manual, and it doesn't matter what gear I am in except that I sem to feel it more in the lower gears.

Thank you!

Gary

Reply to
Gary

noticed

changing

My '96 SL2 was doing the same thing. A fresh set of plugs and a new air filter took care of it.

Ken

Reply to
Napalm Heart

Probably an ignition problem (spark plugs, plug wires, possibly ignition module)..

Reply to
Robert Hancock