Bill

From: snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net (Bill)

6x signal fault is generally caused by loose or back wiring or connector at the CPS or a CPS on it's way out. (About a $15 part)
Reply to
Semi Head

I checked my CPS. It was on the high end of the spec, to I replaced it and inspected all wiring. Still, after about 15 seconds of running, code 19 comes back and the SES light comes on. The engine runs fine.

I also have an extra PCM which I have used as a test. It logs 19 also. Any suggestions?

The other two codes also keep recurring. I suspect the purge control solinoid is the culprit for the 26 code. All hoses, wiring etc. look good.

This car will not pass state inspection with the SES on and stored Emmisons codes.

Reply to
Bill

I seem to recall 19 was the purge solenoid. However, it turned out to be a cracked vacuum hose at the rear of the engine (twin cam) and not the valve itself. I couldn't get to it as it was a hoist job. The 32 is probably the EGR valve which you may be able to clean and degunk. Dunno about the 26 though.

B~

Reply to
B. Peg

Update: On the code 19, I finally found the culprit. The 6x ref. wire (or something like that) coming from the coilless ignition system (CIS) and going to the PCM was bad. I replaced the wire and the code went away. Unfortunately, so did my tach. This is the part that doesn't make sense to me. I hooked the original 6x ref. wire to the new wire at the CIS, no code and the tach works. The original wire must be bad before the tach signal wire breakout.

The code 26 is still a problem. I ordered a new Canister Purge Solinoid today and will get it tomorrow. Seems like all this is taking forever, but I only have short periods of time to work on it.

Thanks for all the free advise. Maybe the above will help someone else sometime. BTW, the Hayes manual is wrong about the Tach wire and the DIS.

Bill

Reply to
Bill