95 SL2 idling rough #2 cyl missing but firing

I have a sohc engine and the car is idling rough and sounds like a miss at the tailpipe and running rich. All the plugs are firing. When pulling the plug wires off one at a time you see a noticeable difference except at the number 2 cylinder you don't and there is a fast ticking sound coming from the injector at that cylinder and not at the other injectors. The engine does smooth out at higher rpm's can anyone help? Thanks and a Happy Holiday to all!!

Reply to
Born2Ride59

I pulled the plug at the #2 cyl and was fouled and wet. changed the plug and made no difference. Other plugs were fine. HELP!!

Reply to
Born2Ride59

I pulled the plug at the #2 cyl and was fouled and wet. changed the plug and made no difference. Other plugs were fine. HELP!!

Reply to
Born2Ride59

My guess is the injector is leaking or stuck open. Happened on my 95 SW2, same symptoms. I'd be careful raw gas getting to the cat can cause it to overheat and start a fire.

Reply to
D V Brownell

Either an injector's stuck or the plug's not firing. Check for spark. If there's none, try swapping the coils on the ig module and seeing if the problem moved. If it did'nt move - bad module. If it did - bad coil.

Reply to
Philip Nasadowski