95 SL2 Metalic Vibrating Noise

at about 1200-1900 RPM's it sounds like comething is rattling loose. I had my cat replaced about a month ago so I know thats good. No Codes.

Any Ideas ?

Reply to
<ed.tackett

Possible worn upper engine mount?

Reply to
BANDIT2941

If you can get under the car(safely) I would take a small hammer and quickly tap all the bolts of the exhaust system. Listen for a 'thud' to indiciate a loose bolt, also check for missing exhaust mounts.

hth,

tom @

newsgroups01REMOVEME

My '95 sl2 did that for a long time, turned out to be the cat. Just because you had yours replaced recently doesn't mean that isn't the problem. Put it up on four solid jackstands and leave the garage door open for air. Slide around underneath on your creeper while its running and listen with a screwdriver in (close to) your ear. You may need to get someone to hold it at the rpm range where its the loudest.

Obviously this is not the safest thing in the world to do, so all standard disclaimers apply YMMV

Reply to
Dave V

I'd guess a worn engine mount.

Is the world vibrating in your rearview mirror?

Not hard to fix.

Probably $100 for the part.

Barry

Reply to