'96 Brake Master ?

I have a '96 SW1 and noticed today that the brake peddle is pretty low. So...anyone every replace one of those and can give me some advice. I notice that the ABS is bolted to the side but can't see how to seperate it from the master. Do you have to undo the 4 brake lines from the ABS and remove the master and ABS as a unit? OR????

A private email with help would be beter.

Thanks Ernie snipped-for-privacy@seanet.com

Reply to
E. Jones

Huh? What do you mean by "brake peddle is pretty low" and dont you mean to say "Master Cylinder"?

Reply to
Blah Blah

I thought my master cyl was going away on my 97SL2 without ABS when I nailed the brakes and they did not lock. I got a little paranoid and sitting in the driveway I was able to push the pedal to the pedal stop without a huge amount of effort. I took it to the shop, they said they were a little mushy and flushed the fluid. It's back to normal now.

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

Yes, I wasn't as clear as could be in my orignal message - it is the brake master. But what's not clear about a low peddle????

Anyone have any help on removing the brake master? Maybe just bleeding the fluid will do it like was posted, but I'd still like to replace the insides of the master.

Thanks Ernie

Reply to
E. Jones

snipped-for-privacy@seanet.com (E. Jones) typed until their fingers bled, and came up with:

I'd bleed them first and see if that solves the problem (95% chance it will). You're out maybe 1/2 an hour and $5 for fluid. If I remember correctly, to R&R the master cylinder, you have to remove the dash and get to it from inside the cabin.

Reply to
Kevin M. Keller