'96 SL manual trans linkage

My '96 SL shift cable eye came off the shaft on my linkage. It looks like a plastic retainer broke. Does Saturn sell this retainer seperate, or is it part of a cable assy? Zip ties are holding it on for now.

Buzz

Reply to
Buzz Lightyear

Went to Saturn parts dept, was told I have to buy the whole cable for 150 bucks to get the retainer.

I drilled a hole through the center of the pivot stud, and ran a small bolt through it with fender washers to keep the cable end from coming off.

Seems to work fine.

Buzz

Reply to
Buzz Lightyear

yeah, that's the case, sadly.

and that's been more than a few people's solution, and they too have had no problems with it.

--=20 =EF=BB=BFKevin M. Keller Director, News & Promotions Saturn Performance Club

Reply to
Kevin