96 sl wipers keep going and going and...

Any recomendations... The wipers will not shut off, will go to fast but otherwise normal speed no internitent no off.... The local wrecker tells me it lies in the motor itself???

Thanks...

Denis

Reply to
den v

Same year, same car almost the same problem. Every day after starting the car my wipers will go on for about 15 to 30 seconds and stop in the middle of the windshield randomly. After pressing downward on the stalk (one time clear) 5 or 6 times this eventually stops. Annoying yes!! Any ideas or advice appreciated

Reply to
walt

Yes! I have the exact same issue. Bought this car a few months ago when it only sporadically happened, since I've been using the wipers it;s gotten worse. Now when I actually need to use them it shuts itself off in the middle of the window at the low speed setting.

The wipers only function normally in the highest setting now.

Reply to
96SaturnSL2