96 sl2 4dr putts when AC is on

The car sometimes puts when the a/c is off now but mainly when the a/c is on I get massive studdering and putting from the engine. I've read quite a few posts here and now I'll be off to get the trouble code read from my local autozone. I've also read from quite a few people here that hesitation like that and the puttering can be caused from bad plugs&wires. AC delco a good brand to go with? All your posts are very helpful and this site is newly bookmarked. If you have any suggestions for me please post them. Thanks.

(I'm new to the whole car scene and I'd just like to do some of the repairs myself to save some bucks and learn a couple things)

~andrew

Reply to
h0m3styl3

Quite likely it is either plugs and/or wires, though it could be something like an ignition coil. If the plugs and wires have not been replaced recently or ever, that is likely a good place to start. Stick with whatever plug brand the owners manual recommends (either NGK or AC Delco, not sure about that year).

Reply to
Robert Hancock

I had the sam trouble with mine and the A/c was vibrating and it made the head crack now my just paid off Saturn is sitting in the yard! I would have it checked out just to make sure! I would turn off the air but I guess it had shaken it so much that it had already done the damage! Good luck !

Reply to
mmandy