96 SW1, runs great, then terrible

Hi,

This car (65k miles) runs very well 99% of the time. But every so often, it starts to run horrible -- coughing, sputtering, stalls. There is a strong smell of sulfur from the exhaust. Then when I restart it, everything is fine...

I'm thinking this has got to be some computer/sensor error, because if something were really wrong, it would always run bad. Anyone have an insight into this?

TIA, Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Connell

try changing the pvc valve first, so cheap & easy; turn key on & off 5 times without start to reset, if no go, try the oxygen sensor. I am not a mechanic, I just know this worked for me. E

Reply to
EDeneen

I highly suspect the fuel pump.

Reply to