'96 SW2 sticky footfeed - but only when running?

Hi all, I have a '96 SW2 wagon that has developed a funny sort of sticky accelerator pedal - it has to be sort of 'pushed loose' each time (there's a quiet 'thump') and this makes every takeoff a somewhat jackrabbit start. It's as if the pedal is catching on a wire or something at the top of its travel, or adheres to something sticky at the top. I think it gets slightly worse as the day goes by - sometimes it's better, sometimes it's worse. The kicker is, when I shut the motor off, the problem goes away instantly and completely. Comes back when I start the motor.

I was going to douse the area with WD-40 or some such until I noticed the problem depended on the engine running.

It may not be hurting things yet, but it's very irritating. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks - cmb

Reply to
ouroboros rex

Clean the throttle body (butterfly valve on the air intake) with throttle body cleaner.

Steve

Reply to
Steve