97 SC with leaky trunk

I recently found out that there is a leak somewhere in the back end of my

97 SC2. I bought the car new about 6 and a half years ago, but since I've never had a flat tire I've had no reason to check the spare lately. In preparation for an upcoming trip I thought I'd play it safe and make sure the spare was properly inflated and was surprised to find a large puddle of water in the bottom of the wheel well. (It has been a pretty wet spring and summer in the northeast, but I didn't think it was that bad.) I don't know how long this has been going on, but it was long enough that the jack was very rusty, but still usable. I have two questions, has anyone else had this problem or does anyone have an idea where the leak could be coming from? And secondly, would the easiest way to take care of this be to find the lowest spot in the wheel well and drill a small hole so that any water that makes it's way down there runs right out?

Thanks Scott

Reply to
Scott Fairbanks

Ya my 92SC2 leaks like the Titanic!! The first time I found the spear wheel well was just full of water. Where the leak is coming from is around the speaker on the right side of the car, how it's getting there I have no idea. But I did drill out a small hole in the well, to drain and water that does collect

Reply to
sss

Reply to
jeff

If you have a sunroof, the drain lines run down through the rear pillars. They go through elbows in the upper rearward most part of the trunk and exit to the outside under the outer body panels. Check to see if these have come loose.

Lane [ l a n e @ p a i r . c o m ]

Reply to
Lane

Same thing here I forgot to add it fills the side wells as well, on the right side. Since we are talking about leaking, I have a few more places. Over the door frame My shoulders get wet sometimes. And on the pillars just behind the doors, at the joint of the two side wall plastic parts. She's just like the titanic.

Reply to
sss

Sunroof she has. I'll jump into the truck and see if I can see that elbow.

sss