97 Sc1 shaking, rough idle.

Had a tune up, rotors replaced, front brakes, back brakes and drums, all 4 struts, fuel [ump, ignition modulator, 4 new tires...any suggestions? Im sick of spending money on a car not worth it. Shakes all the time - nothing to do with braking although it shakes then too but not as bad.

Reply to
Weezay

Without actually seeing this firsthand, I'd say you still have some type of engine problem, possibly a fuel delivery/injector issue or a dirty throttle body causing the rough idle. Another thought here is that it might be a bad torque axis (top) engine mount that is no longer dampening the engine vibration. Again, your description is somewhat vague and it's hard to give any more based on what you have provided.

Good luck.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

from the way you describe it, it sounds like the typical symptoms of a bad motor moount, possibly the top one, but best to have all checked out, if the car vibrates like that, all the mounts are problably in need of replacement. not an expensive job, and common, so no worries.

marx404

Reply to
marx404

From the way he discribed it in his subject line, and the way he discribed it in his post, you have to wonder WHY he had done all of that other stuff. Brakes dont effect engine idle. Tires dont effect engine idle. Struts dont effect engine idle. I mean if you arent moving, how are these things vibrating? His subject line says more about his problem then the rest of his post.

No mention of miles, no mention of of brand or type of ignition parts. No mention of fuel filter replacement, why change the fuel pump and not the filter? Who ever is making the decisions for "throwing parts at the problem" needs to be fired. Some of these things may have been over due for replacement but I'm sure most were not.

Reply to
blah blah