97' SC2 - Oxygen Sensor

I just got my car back after it got its "new" flywheel and tranny put in. After a hard acceleration from a stop uphill, the car gave me the MIL light and I finally took it somewhere and got the code read. It said low voltage oxygen sensor 1 bank 2 or so, and I replaced the primary oxygen sensor (in front of the engine, easy 5 second job.) Today in similar conditions, the light decided to come back on. I am looking into getting a CanOBD2 3110 ($150 - Amazon) but wont be doing this until I get paid, again. What the hell is going on? I will keep you guys posted.

Stupid Saturn :( Poor car looks like it had been through hell and back - the flywheel looked like it had some cherry bomb go off on it along with a huge chunk of metal smashed off of it. Lord knows how that happened.

Things yet to replace: whatever is keeping my MIL light on. Sunroof Master Break Cyl. Drivers side front wheel bearing (how much should this cost to do myself?)

Mega thanks. Brian

Reply to
HyperCube33 (Life2Death)

Low voltage on O2 sensor means Lean condition (iirc). Have you checked fuel pressure is in limits and replaced the fuel filter? Try a bottle of good injector cleaner. Try to verify operation of induction temperature sensor, Coolant temperature sensor and Throttle position sensor. Best done with a good scan tool at a garage. Is there a MAF on this vehicle? If so, could be that too.

I had a bad MAF on my lw300 which threw all sorts of codes related to the O2 sensors. New MAF (OEM from dealer) fixed everything. Was recommended by a buddy with a service shop.

Oppie

Reply to
Oppie