97 SL/Drive cycles???????????

My Mother-in-law has a 97 Saturn SL that she can't get inspected because she has 3 monitors that show "Not Ready". the *O2 monitor*, the *catylist monitor*, and the *EGR monitor*. I had previously replaced the battery. I looked on

and they explain that after a battery disconnect it is necessary to put the car through a drive pattern which is listed on the same website. I tried the drive pattern and still have the same "not ready" monitors. I also tried what the Saturn Service manager told me to do which was to just drive the car for at least 30 continuous miles without shutting down the engine. This didn't work either. My OBD II doesn't show any fault codes it just shows these 3 monitors to be "Not Ready"Does anyone have any experience with such a problem? If so what was your solution? It's beyond me why a car company would create such a problem unless it was done as a revenue generator. Another dealer said they can do the correct drive cycle for me for a meer $89.50

Reply to
captian_ron99

You could try - Disconnect the battery for 10 to 15 minutes, to clear the computer. See if that will reset things.

Reply to
mcyben

Try going to this website. They talk about this very problem although they are trying to sell an OBD II reader. Might help...

-ShootnBlind-

Reply to
ShootnStraight

According to the inspection station and Saturn, disconnecting the battery is what caused the monitors to be in "Not Ready" mode in the first place.

Reply to
captian_ron99