98 SC2 Manuak Transmission Problem

The bottom half of the casting of my manual transmission shattered off while driving on the freeway. I assume something inside shot out, unless there was some type of extreme metal fatigue. Regardless, the speedo/odo are dead, but i have all the gears. I am going to try to swap it out with one from a yard and would appreciate any tips or how hard this is if anyone has done it before. I am not going to rebuild it, just swap it. Thanks in advance.

Paul

Reply to
projecti

Hey Paul,

this is not a HUGE project, but I hope you have some mechanical experience/aptitude.... I can be done in your garage, without a hoist, and should be able to be done in a weekend. If you can lay your hands on a haynes/chilton manual I am sure it can help.

Feel free to email or post in the NG if you get stuck, but it is pretty straightforward.

Randy.

Reply to
WTP07

I wrote up a post awhile back outlining clutch replacement. Look that up as the steps will be the same.

Jamie

Reply to
BANDIT2941