99 Sl1 fan blowing fuses? AC turns service light off? Huh?

So i've got a 99 saturn that likes to blow the 30 amp fuse for the fan ....

I noticed one day that the engine light came on; the one with the wrench, I believe, not the service engine soon light. So I started thinking about what could be wrong...then figured I wouldn't be able to figure it out right then anyway. so...later that day i turned on the a/c and the light goes off. wierd. figure it must be something with the fan. so i check the fuse. blown. replace it. blows it again within 10 minutes...engine light comes back on. so I turn the ac on- light goes off.

Bottom line: A/C will turn the light off, replace the fuse gets the fuse blown. I have not tested the fan, although it spins fine without drag. Could it be it's pulling to much? I looked at the wires, and they don't seem shorted or anything. Any other ideas?

Reply to
oh123