'99 SW2 - Serpentine Belt instructions?

Is there a place on the web that can detail how to change the serpentine belt? I have a Chilton's (Haynes?) manual, but it doesn't seem to touch on this process. Don't want to pay the mechanic if I can avoid it and I've heard it's relatively easy. Just wanted to get some ideas beforehand of what's involved.

Thanks.

-Pete

Reply to
Peter A. Schott

There's a sticker in the engine compartment that shows you where to stick the wrench to remove tension and how to route the belt... what else do you want to know?

Removing the wheel well cover to get the belt around the crank pulley helps.

Tim.

Reply to
shoppa

Just was wondering if there was something I could look at without being right in front of the car trying to figure things out. I can handle some maintenance, but am not the handiest of persons. I didn't want to put my car out of service due to an ID-10-T problem and wanted to be a little forewarned. That's why I was asking if something was available to look at beforehand.

Thanks.

-Pete

snipped-for-privacy@trail> There's a sticker in the engine compartment that shows you where to

Reply to