AC drain hole on 1994 SL?

I am trying to locate the drain hole for the AC on my 1994 Saturn SL1. I looked along the firewall, but I didn't see any drain there. My last few cars had one on the passenger side firewall, so I thought it would be there. My main concern is that I never see any water draining under the bottom of the car when the AC is running, and there is a musty smell when turing the AC off. If the Recirculation is on with the AC, the smell is terrible. I had read of a method for cleaning out the smell by doing a back flush through the drain with alcohol, so I really need to locate the drain. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Clutch

Reply to
Clutch

I couldnt find it in my Haynes, but had a similar problem with my 94 SL2, with the smile seal leaking. I believe that the evaporator drain tube runs down the center of the firewall, behind the center console and ends somewhere there. That seal (smile seal) where the fw intersects with the tube was where mine was leaking, so the end must be nearby. Hope that helps.

marx404

Reply to
marx404