alloy wheel scratches

Hi, my daughter brushed up on a curb and scratched an alloy wheel . Is there a product or method I could use to buff these scratches out?

Any help will be appreciated. Tom

Reply to
Tom

File them smooth with a rough file.

File them smoother with a not-so-rough file.

Pick up some 'Scotchbrite' polishing pads made of abrasive aluminum.

Rub with roughest pad.

Rub with medium rough pad

Rub with fine / polishing pad.

Reply to
Joe Dufu

Then coat it with clear (as it is from the factory) or it will oxidize over time. For a small area, clear nail polish works in a pinch.

Lane [ l a n e @ p a i r . c o m ]

Reply to
Lane

Oh yea, been there done that. I wrote a comprehensive method that I yused to restore my badly damaged alloys, if ya got a membership to Saturnfans.com, do a search for marx404 and wheels or wheel repair; I posted it here somewhere.

marx404

Reply to
marx404