alternator cost?

how much does an alt. run for...for my 94 sl-2???

Reply to
sduritza

you should be able to get the alternator for less than $150.00 O'reilly's has them ranging in price from $85-$140.

When I needed mine replaced I was not able to do the work myself, but was able to save some money by buying the part myself and taking it to the shop to have installed. By doing it that way I avoided the markup on the alternator that I would have been charged.

Mark.

Reply to
Zaphod

If you are of a mind to rebuild your own or just need data, look at

WAI has parts for the professional rebuilders

Often you can buy a higher output unit that doesn't have to work as hard as the OEM unit and will last longer too.

Reply to
Oppie

A lot of shops won't do that since they have no control over the part quality. And then, if they do the job anyway, they won't warranty the repair if the part fails. I do my own repairs, but if I was paying someone else to do it, I'd have them source the part to make sure they warrantied the labor AND the part if something went wrong down the line.

Cheers,

Reply to
Ritz

And he probably takes his own food to a restaurant too!

Reply to
two.dogs