Alternator replacement (have power steering)??

Hello,

My son has a '94 SC-1 (2 door). Looks like the alternator is shot.

Been reading a bit from previous posts about alternator replacement and I am a bit confused about how to get at it due to having the power steering.

Can I get to that alternator from the wheel well or do I need to loosen the motor mounts and jack up the engine etc and get at it from the bottom?

If I need to approach it by motor mounts and jacking up the engine could someone give me a little description of this process?

thanks. chuck

Reply to
chuck

Disconnect red battery cable. Remove front passenger wheel/tire with car propped up on jack stand. Remove plastic shields (they are attached with plastic plugs (remove inner part of plastic plug by prying it out with screwdriver tip) After the shields are removed, alternator is exposed and so is bottom of serpentine belt. remove and replace - a piece of cake. :-)

Reply to
rufus