another day another tech

quick followup to a previous post of mine. I had purchased a new (ebay) remote keyfob. But when I took the car to have it programmed (2001 LW-200), the service advisor returned it to me with the dash lit like a christmas tree and told me the BCM was bad and the keyfob could not be programmed.

I had never seen the dash light like that (on this car) previously.The first restart and it was all normal again so I took it home as was - still without remote lock/unlock or security features.

Well time passed and I dealt with no remote working until it was time for a oil change. I asked again for them to program the keyfob, 20 minutes later (well okay, 65 minutes including the oil change, rotation, programming, and exterior wash) and I have access to the security alarm, remote lock/unlock and happiness.

I still have yet to see the BCM throw such an error, and the car continues to drive fine (well at least I know what it still needs).

Moral: just as with help desk support, asking a different person will often yield a different answer.

Reply to
Steph

Good story and how true. I always say a car is only as good as it's techs.

Reply to
marx404