Another 'leak' - AC drain clogged?

I forgot to also ask about the AC drain. I have the classic wet passenger floor. This may be related to the sunroof problem, but I want to make sure that the AC (Always in use) is not going to create problems. Any help on how to get to the drain line ('96 SL2 DOHC) would be helpful.

Reply to
Jeff Pesula

I had this problem with my wife's 95 SL2 a few years ago. The mechanics told me it would cost something like $200 to fix, so I decided to have a go myself.

It was leaking right where the tube goes into the firewall, right in the center of the car. It is difficult to see and reach. I was able to fix it by applying some black rtv silicone sealant to the area (after letting everything dry out). I had to rig up a syringe with a tube on the end just to be able to get it in there. I did it from the passenger side while lying in a very uncomfortable position.

Reply to
dwalter68

I had this problem on my wife's 95 sl2 a few years ago. the mechanics told me it would cost something like $200 to fix, so I gave it a try myself.

It was leaking where the tube goes into the firewall in the middle of the car. It is in a very difficult position to see and reach. I fixed it by applying some black rtv sealant to the area. I had to use a syringe with a tube hooked to the end of it. I did it from the passenger side while lying in a very uncomfortable position.

Reply to
dwalter68