Automatic door locks

Not sure if this feature is on all models or just the L series. The automatic door locks were making me a bit nutsy lately since I have been making a lot of stop and go drop-offs. Just me and the wife so having the doors auto lock really isn't an issue as it would be with children involved. The default setting is when the transmission is shifted out of park or when the car starts to move, the locks automatically close.

Was reading the owners manual again and noticed that the auto-lock could be turned off. With key in the RUN position, press and hold the electirc lock button for 3 seconds. Horn will beep once if the feature is enabled and twice if it is disabled. Repeating the sequence toggles the function. Similarly, the auto-unlock when the key is removed from the ignition, can be modified with the key in the RUN position and press/hold the electric unlock button for 3 seconds.

The way I have it now, the doors have to be manually locked. Now the wife doesn't got po'ed at me if I forget to unlock the door after moving a few feet to make it easier for her to enter the car. (no good deed goes un-punished?) Oppie

Reply to
Oppie