Backup light switch, 1998 Saturn SL

Looks like I need to locate and replace the backup light switch on a 1998 SL, 5-speed manual transmission. Where is the switch located, and are there any 'gotcha's?

Thanks, Fred

Reply to
FredHelms

I look in my chilton's repair book, #(8419) 62300 page 7-3 it seem's like it's on the transmission next to where the shifter cable is fixed on. there is 2 arms where the shifter wire is connected to it's next to it on top of a some sort of box.

Reply to
michelst