Balljoint replacement

How hard is it to replace the driver's front balljoint on a '93 SL1?

Reply to
griffin

I have a 95 sc2 that I wish I never bought . No more saturns for me !!!

The service manual for my piece of junk , says that "the balljoints are an integral part of the A-frame and if a balljoint goes bad you HAVE to replace the whole control-arm ( A-frame ) that the balljoint is in .

Almost EVERYTHING on a saturn is a total nightmare to fix , and extreamly expensive due to having to dissemble half the car for every little replacement .

ASE certified , and next time it will be another toyota pickup truck instead , tim

Reply to
tim kettring

I did the balljoints on my daughters 92SC. Same message as above. They are parts of the lower control arm, making the job quite involved. Also there can be quite some trouble getting the inner pivot bolt/bushing removed from the frame due to possible corrosion and lack of good access. One good point, considering you have to buy the assemble, I was surprised that the price was quite reasonable.

Reply to
Mike Martin