Battery Replacement

I have a '97 SC2 and had to replace the battery. No problem. The problem is that the chime no longer operates and The Rear Window defroster no longer operates and I cannot get to the security code input mode on the radio to unlock the radio. (the radio is locked out) I believe that they are related. I think I had read that the chime and defroster timer operate thru the radio on '97. I have checked all fuses and they are O.K. and the two for the radio have been replaced.

Anyone have any suggestions as to where to look for solutions?

Jerry

Reply to
JJ

I only lost my sec code on my aftermarket radio when the battery was disconnected or replaced on my 97. I'm looking in Chilton's and these items pop up in a few places.

There's a couple of relays in the cabin in that panel (passenger side). One labeled Chime Module controls "Chime, Rear Defogger Control, Seatbelt Telltale". The other labeled RR DEFOG controls "Rear Defogger". Pulling the cover should reveal a diagram on the lid - same should be true for any fuse/relay panel.

In the same location should be a 5A fuse (tan color) labeled Chime that controls "Radio/Clock Memory, Chime Module, ..."

And a big fuse under the hood in that box, however it runs a bunch of other stuff of which you are not having probs with. However there is also a 25a fuse (natural color) labeled specifically "Rear Window Defogger"

Sorry to not have a specific/single answer - I'd suspect a fuse before a relay (my 2 cents)...

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

I believe the problem is the fact that I cannot get to the function of the radio that lets me input the security code. I think if I could unlock the radio everything would be solved. When I hold in the two preset buttons, nothing happens.

Jerry

There's a couple of relays in the cabin in that panel (passenger side). One labeled Chime Module controls "Chime, Rear Defogger Control, Seatbelt Telltale". The other labeled RR DEFOG controls "Rear Defogger". Pulling the cover should reveal a diagram on the lid - same should be true for any fuse/relay panel.

In the same location should be a 5A fuse (tan color) labeled Chime that controls "Radio/Clock Memory, Chime Module, ..."

And a big fuse under the hood in that box, however it runs a bunch of other stuff of which you are not having probs with. However there is also a 25a fuse (natural color) labeled specifically "Rear Window Defogger"

Sorry to not have a specific/single answer - I'd suspect a fuse before a relay (my 2 cents)...

Reply to
JJ

Sorry... not familiar with that oem radio - someone should have some input soon...

Reply to
Jonnie Santos