Best and Worst Vehicles you've ever owned: Time to Renew this discussion

Was planning to start up a similar group when I found this ancient history and figured now was as good a time as any to reactivate it.

My personal top five:

2004 WRX wagon: what you get when you crossbreed a Porsche 911 and a Jeep Cherokee. Does absolutely everything well. Runs fast and handles well, AWD and LSD keep it on th road in any weather, can carry a load of cargo, ergonomics and comfort may not be sublime, but the seats are perfect.

1965 Corvair Monza Coupe: I gutted and rebuilt this one for time trials and autocrossing with a complete race suspension, hotter carbs, good tires and an interior I built from scratch. Used it as a daily driver and road tripper as well. Like the Subie, it had an LSD and despite a lowered ride height was unstoppable in snow.

1973 Z-28 Camaro: A car I craved in high school and eventually bought one after college. Like any pony car of its time, was crude compared to a 21st century high-performance machine. Unlike most though, it could corner as well as accelerate. Wasn't the monster the 1970-71 LT-1 versions were, since it was a low compression smoggified L-82, but still hauled. Sold it but got it back two years later. Only car I ever owned twice.

1993 Nissan Sentra SE-R: One of the best cheap performance cars ever made. High revving engine, limited slip differential with equal length half-shafts, handled well. A perfect package for the 12 grand it cost at the time.

2003 Infiniti G35: The Skyline was another car I dreamed of, and guessed right on the G35 and grabbed it as soon as it hit the US. Dealer was willing to let it go cheap since the market hadn't been established. Within two months you couldn't touch one for the sticker price. Terrific combination of performance and luxury at a BMW beater price.
Reply to
suburboturbo

Best and worst spam effort?

Reply to
marx404

Well I don't recall ever being disappointed in a vehicle I've owned. My first was a '81 F-100 pick-up, a good truck, but I'll never own another truck. Everyone thinks you're a moving service, and when parked and unattended it becomes a public trashcan. I've owned a '83 S-10 Blazer which I drove until it just wore out. My '67 Pontiac LeMans was a blast to drive. I had a used 90-something Acura Integra, died of body rot. And my current car a 2000 Sl2 (sleek blue beauty) has been the best car I've owned.

Reply to
Keith

No idea what the hell that was about. Renew? Renew what? Never seen this poster or thread before.

Reply to
BläBlä