Best tires to buy for SW2

SnoMan wrote: "The S stands for a max speed rating of 99 MPH...".

I try not to drive over 100 mph in my SW2 so that would suit my purposes I guess. hah

At $41/tire (+ shipping), and a shop in town here with reasonable fees for mounting & balancing that Tirerack deals with, that's not bad. Depending on what shipping would be. I'll be checking around in town to see if anyone carry's them or another decently priced good tire. I hate the idea of paying for shipping if I can avoid it.

I was actually checking out the other brands that were suggested to me when I ran across the inexpensive Kumho's. After reading the reviews I decided to check them out at least. So thanks to whoever it was that gave me the tirerack website. I'm still planning on checking out the other website or two that were given to me. Thanks guys.

Jeff

Reply to
J B

I know a few people that like Kumho's (mostly because of price) but they are not a long wearing tires from what I have seen. WHen I pice a tire I use tread design as a factor because I like big open grooves for good wet road traction and lots of sipes in tread for good performance on ice. If they do not have these features, I do not look at them long.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

15, 16, 17 inch refer to the wheel size. Unless you want to buy new wheels, stick with the 15 inch. I'd stay with the 15" anyway, but that's my personal preference.

Ken

Reply to
NapalmHeart

Thanks Ken. I will be sticking with the 15's. Renewed my membership at Sam's Club this evening and checked out their tires. I've narrowed it down to the Goodyear Allegra's and I think the other was Goodrich Touring T/S Pro or something like that. The Allegra's are about $4 more per tire so not enough to make a difference. Not that I can really tell just by looking but to me the Touring T/S Pro's 'looked' a little nicer, although the Allegra's were AOK also. Whatever I decide on I'll be getting them after September 7th after a couple more paydays. Tirerack would be a little cheaper if I went with the Kumho's but I haven't seen them in person, but I did see another Kumho tire (Solis?) at Sear's that looked really cheap to me. So Sam's Club it is. After seeing the new tires there I realized how little tread I really have left! A little scary to say the least.

Jeff

Reply to
J B