? Bicycle Rack for 2003 Vue ?

I need to purchase a bicycle rack for my 2003 Vue. I would rather have a rack that hangs off of the rear hatch than the dealer style that would require me to lift the bikes above the roof of the Vue. Can anyone recommend a hatch type bike rack for the Vue? Thanks, Don

Reply to
Vue Don

I know it is not what you are asking for, but....

If I had a new VUE, I would put a trailer hitch on it and use that type of bike carrier so it is not resting on the back of my very nice VUE.

Reply to
Local

A trailer hitch and rack arrangement will work on the Vue. I estimate the total to be around $350 ( a bit pricey) but it's nice to have a hitch on the car for, say, occasional U-haul rentals. On the other hand, bike racks which meet the requirement to hang off the rear hatch are Thule models 961 and 962. The 961 can carry 2 bikes and the 962 can carry 3. I paid about $105 for the 962 last year and I'm happy with it. Thule's documentation does not cover the settings to mount it on the Vue, but I emailed them and they sent the settings to me. You should rest the bottom of the rack on the rear bumper instead of against the hatch.

r.b.

Reply to
flatline

Performance Bicycle sells many types of racks. My fav is the trailer hitch rack though as it pivots down to allow you to attach/detach the bike and it prevents the paint from being scratched. Your local bicycle shop should also carry these. Will require you to install a trailer hitch.

marx404

Reply to
marx404

I bought mine at "Play it Again". They are a resaler of sports equipment. You can get good equipment at good prices. I got mine for $15.00.

Brigitte

Reply to
Brigitte J.

Reply to