brake light switch location

I have a 95 Saturn wagon, the plain one. Problem is no stop lights at all, not even the high centre mounted one. I have the Haynes manual as well as the owner's manual but neither gives the location of the stop light switch. Anyone help me locate it? The wiring schematic puts it near the interior fuse box but no sign of it there. Thanks!

Reply to
Brian

Brian wrote: > I have a 95 Saturn wagon, the plain one. Problem is no stop > lights at all, not even the high centre mounted one. I have the > Haynes manual as well as the owner's manual but neither gives the > location of the stop light switch. Anyone help me locate it? The > wiring schematic puts it near the interior fuse box but no sign > of it there. Thanks!

I think I saw the switch on my wife's 97 located above the brake pedal, under the dash. That's where I'd look first. A few cars have hydraulic switches, but I think mechanical ones are more the norm.

Also check the fuse for that circuit.

Reply to
Dan Hicks

Its up under the dash on top of the brake pedal as Dan said. IIRC, its a real pain to get to.....

Reply to
BANDIT2941

Reply to
Brian

Seems odd. Did you perhaps have the car jump-started recently?

Reply to
Dan Hicks