Brake Noise Caused by Cheap Brake Pads?

98SL2, 108K

I did not find this issue in the google archive.

I had brake work done at Midas 2K ago (pads, resurface rotors, resurface drums). The invoice describes the pads as part # AZBP1830M, Midas VSD Metallic B, $49.99.

The service tech said I would notice some brake noise. I thought he said the noise would go away after 1K miles, but it has been 2K and I still hear a noise when the brake pedal is pressed. The noise is hard to describe, not very loud. With the radio on, the noise would probably not be heard. Low frequency.

Do some cheap brake pads make noise, and I should just ignore it?

Thanks for any info.

Jay

Reply to
Jay Bollyn

jdoe

Its more likely caused by pads that are better then the cheap ones. I always run the NAPA $20.00 pads. Get no noise, and they last quite awhile. The cheaper pads are softer so you're less likely to get noise.

Reply to
BANDIT2941