Burning oil/PCV valve

My 1999 Saturn does not use any oil. My 1993 goes through a quart every

500 miles. I put dye in the oil and checked for leaks but did not find any yet, but my mechanic said we should look again in a few days. (There is a wet patch in my driveway) Meanwhile, the car does not appear to be burning any oil. And several years ago, I took a compression test and all was fine. I changed my PCV valve for the first time last week, but used an aftermarket brand. I have not noticed any improvement, and have seen from messages that an original is better.

Do you think this could cure my problem? Why do the early Saturns have this 'drinking' problem?

Reply to
Lee3333

Do a Google search of this newsgroup. In most cases, it seems to be that the rings are bad.

Reply to
Napalm Heart

A lot of oil consumption problems on the older Saturn engines seem to be due to the rings being stuck due to carbon deposits. Some people have had good results from doing a soak of the combustion chambers with GM Top Engine Cleaner or similar products..

Reply to
Robert Hancock