camshaft positon sensor A bank 1/ verses knock sensor

whats the different. they tellin me me that yes there is no camshaft sensor in saturn 1996 sl1 they call it knock sensor. what is this meant

Reply to
vita via CarKB.com

There is no cam position sensor on that engine. I got my duaghter a 97 SC2 6 mounts ago and it was coding a miss fire and a bad cam posotion sensor too. It turned out that it was a bad thermostat (engine was not heating up properly) and I replaced it and it never coded again.

----------------- The SnoMan

SnoMan

The knock sensor is a totally different sensor. It detects engine Ping. Is this what they are trying to pass off as a 300 dollar job??? Cuz it aint. Please use Google.com to further understand what these sensors do.

Reply to
BläBlä

THe point I was making in my earlier post, that year engine can return codes that are not related to the problem at all because the generic codes do not deal with the Saturns well. GM uses a strange system on them to determine proper timing. Around 99 they startted actually using a cam position sensor. Do not take some codes as the gosphel on that engine when using generic error codes

SnoMan

thank you

Reply to
vita via CarKB.com