Can "Service for Engine" light be caused by improper auto repairs??

SES light came on v. shortly (1 block from the shop) after our '96 SL2 (110km) was in the shop for the following:

- replaced power steering pump front seal

- replaced tensioner and serpentine belt

- replaced brake pads and rotors

I'd gone to a 2nd shop for code scan and it's P0141 Oxygen Sensor Heater Curcuit Malfuntion (Bank 1 Sensor 2).

Could I blame the 1st shop for this SES or is this totally unrelated but just very badly timed??

Pls Help

Reply to
A2000K

It's vaguely possible that they unplugged some oxygen sensor cable to get at the power steering pump and forgot to plug it in.

But the oxygen sensor is on the manifold (and another one by the catalytic converter) and are nowhere near the other work they did.

Maybe this is a symptom of FOL (Fell Off Lift), otherwise it's hard to imagine them messing around with your exhaust to do the items you named.

Tim.

Reply to
shoppa

Reset the code and see if it comes back. Often it won't.

Reply to
Oppie