car died without warning

I have a 95 Saturn SL1, and it died a week ago. When I turn the ignition key it doesn't start, but yet all the belts are turning in the engine...it also makes a high pitched sound like a dentist drill. The spark plugs still spark and the fuel is going through cuz I can smell it after attempting to start car. Please help...ASAP!! Thank you..any/all replies greatly appreciated!!

Reply to
cinderzmom2000

This is just a guess, but the timing chain could be broken. The catalytic converter could be blocked, preventing exhaust from escaping.

Reply to
njot

Oh thank you for your reply..I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question, and I will look into those things...Thanks again!

Reply to
cinderzmom2000