Car will only start when you floor the accelerator.

sometimes i have to depress the accelerator to the floor to start my car. whats wrong with it?

Reply to
KentS

It's broken.

Reply to
Philip Nasadowski

It is likely flooding as flooring the accelerator is the accepted method for starting a flooded engine with FI.

Dana C. Rohleder Port Kent, NY

Reply to
Dana Rohleder

yes i have heard about this. i think i read somewhere that if the pedal is depressed all the way down while trying to attempt to start your car, the computer thinks the car is flooded and shuts off all fuel. Which brings me to this, why would my car flood? obviously it would be in open loop mode since my car hasnt been started in awhile, i.e. when i start it up for the first time in the day. or when i start it up when i get off work. also my car almost stalls when i change gears or when i am completely stopped and press the gas pedal.

Reply to
KentS

correction, not when i change gears but when i put it in reverse or i put it in drive it will almost stall and visa versa. since i have an automatic.

Reply to
KentS

Needs fixed.

Reply to
Blah Blah

Sounds like the car might be flooding. When you floor the gas, it actually cuts off all fuel when you're starting.

Reply to
Kevin

I'm not usually this harsh but take it to a repair shop that knows what they are doing. Sounds like you don't have a clue...

Reply to
Oppie