Cheap Scan tool to read all codes? HELP, please.

Hi, Am having trouble with car, can't afford dealership or repair shop yet. But I do have the Saturn factory repair manuals.

This is a 98 Saturn SL2, automatic.

What is the best tool for reading all the Saturn specific codes, including OBDII of course.

I really appreciate any help.

Thanks, Dermott

Reply to
Diarmud387

You can get your codes read for free if there is a Autozone near you. If you dont know what the code is you can then ask us. All OBDII codes that start off P0--- are generic OBDII codes.

Reply to
blahblah

I just got a Digimoto Scanner and software for $93 + shipping. They also have it for the Pocket PC and are working on a Palm vesion. Goto

to see products, FAQ, and demos.

Reply to
Blind Driver

I got a scan tool on EBay same as this for about $40

works perfecly. It can also erase all trouble codes and ckeck enginelight. Good befoe going for inspection - Just drive about 50 miles to warm up the motor and burn all deposits fom mufler. Then clear all codes and you pass the inspection.

Reply to
Michal

It works perfecly. It can also erase all trouble codes and ckeck engine> light.

Reply to
Oppie