code 0341

Hey there ..........i got lots of help the last time and hoping for more again .....i just got a new code again obdii 0341....camshaft position sensor.....any suggestions?? seems like this 1999 saturn sl1 is nothing but troubles ....anyhow any help would be great . Thank you very much , Robert

Reply to
milkdude971

Those engines don't actually have a cam position sensor, but the code is indicating a problem with the compression-sense ignition that performs the same function (determining which cylinder is on the firing stroke). This likely indicates that you've got voltage leakage in the ignition system due to bad plug wires or a bad ignition coil..

Reply to
Robert Hancock

Yeah check the camshaft sensor out. Check the wires. Watch the signal with an oscilloscope. Not much we can help you with other than saying try replacing it.

Reply to
Blah blah

Ah that makes since.

Blah blah

If it is the camshaft position sensor code then:

1) The Saturn doesn't actually have a camshaft position sensor per se. It detects where the cam shaft is by capacitatively coupling to your spark plug wires for cylinder 1 and cylinder 4.

2) To fix the problem, make sure your wires are good, make sure your plug are good. and make sure that the wires for cylinder 1 and 4 are correctly routed. As I recall, there is a little two-space loom that goes on the cylinder 1 and the cylinder 4 wires near the coil. That part apparently really matters.

If it were my car, I'd replace the plugs (using anti-seize compound and dielectric grease) and the wires (again, using dielectric grease at the coil towers). Then, I'd make sure that the wires were routed correctly.

If the code is being thrown because of carbon tracking on one of the plugs, then you HAVE to replace both the plugs and the wires. If you only replace one of them, then the arcing will resume on whatever old part is left where it was before, and a new arc path will be burned into the new parts you bought.

Good Luck!

Reply to
Kirk Kohnen

Might want to add checking the wires with a ohm meter for resistance. If the wires get tugged they are shot and new wires sets almost always have one bad wire in the bunch from my experience...

Reply to
Blah blah